5. INFORMATION COLLECTED VIA OUR WEBSITE
5.1 Personal information may be collected by us and by our third party service providers who assist us in operating our website at www.rhipe.com, including its subdomains and any other website we operate from time to time (collectively the Website).
5.2 We may use various technological methods from time to time to track the visiting patterns of individuals accessing our Website, including but not limited to the methods set out in this paragraph 5.
5.3 We use Google Analytics to help analyse how you use our Website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users' computers. The information generated is used to create reports about the use of our Website. Google will store this information.
5.4 If you do not want your Website visit data reported by Google Analytics, you can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. For more details on installing and uninstalling the add-on, please visit the Google Analytics opt-out page at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Click Stream Data
5.5 When you read, browse or download information from our Website, we or our internet service provider may also collect information such as the date, time and duration of a visit, the pages accessed, the IP address of your computer, and any information downloaded. This information may be used for purposes including statistical, reporting and website administration, maintenance and improvement purposes.
5.6 Our Website may use 'cookies' from time to time. Cookies are small text files that are transferred to a user's computer hard drive by a website for the purpose of storing information about a user's identity, browser type or website visiting patterns. Cookies may be used on our Website to monitor web traffic, for example the time of visit, pages visited and some system information about the type of computer being used. We use this information to enhance the content and services offered on our Website.
5.7 Cookies are sometimes also used to collect information about what pages you visit and the type of software you are using. If you access our Website or click-through to our Website from a link in an email we send you, a cookie may be downloaded onto your computer's hard drive.
5.8 Cookies may also be used for other purposes on our Website.
5.9 You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
5.11 Web beacons are images that originate from a third party site to track visitor activities. We may use web beacons to track the visiting patterns of individuals accessing our Website.
Third party content (eg social media links)
5.12 Some of the content on our Website includes applications made available by third parties, such as social media buttons or links that allow you to share content or links to our Website through the relevant third party platforms. These third party applications themselves may facilitate collection of information by those third parties, through your interaction with the applications and sometimes even if you do not interact directly with them. We are not responsible for the technical operation of these applications or the collection and use practices of the relevant third parties. Please visit the relevant third party websites to understand their privacy practices and options they may make available to you in relation to their collection of your Personal Information.
6. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
6.1 We use the Personal Information we collect about you for our business functions and activities, in order to operate our business efficiently, and to market our products and services for the benefit of our customers.
We may collect, hold and use your personal information:
- to identify and communicate with you
- to enable us to provide you with requested information, products or services
- to otherwise assist customers by providing them with information and support
- to invoice, collect and process payments, including for products and services
- to help us to manage and enhance products or services we provide to you
- to help us to manage and enhance goods and services we procure from our suppliers and subcontractors
- to help us manage and respond to a general or specific shareholder enquiry
- to process share applications and service shareholders' needs
- to provide facilities and services a shareholder may request
- to carry out appropriate administration in relation to our shareholders and our share registry
- to personalise and customise your experiences on our Website
- to manage and administer any account you may hold with us
- to manage and maintain accounts for the provision of goods or services
- to carry out credit checks and credit reporting where appropriate
- to carry out debt recovery functions
- to promote and market our products and services to you
- to provide you with information that we believe may be of interest to you or that you may be interested in receiving, including advertising material, regarding us, our clients, and our business partners (subject to your prior approval if required by applicable data protection laws)
- to provide our newsletter updating you on the latest rhipe news, promotions and product updates
- to conduct research for the purposes of improving existing products or services or creating new products or services
- to help us research the needs of our customers to enable us to market our products and services with a better understanding of your needs and the needs of customers generally
- to analyse our shareholder base and for product development and planning
- to provide for the safety and security of workers and onsite visitors
- to help us manage our business operations
- for business support purposes including maintenance, backup and audit
- to process any job application submitted by you
- to respond to any queries or complaints you may have, or
to comply with our statutory and legal obligations.
6.3 We reserve the right at all times to monitor, review, retain, and/or disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, but we have no obligation to monitor the use of the Website or to retain the content of any user session.
We may otherwise collect, use or disclose your Personal Information where the collection, use or disclosure is:
- required or authorised by applicable data protection laws, including without limitation the Australian Privacy Principles under the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Australian Privacy Act).
7. WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
7.1 XL Cloud Host may disclose, or provide access to, your Personal Information to third parties in connection with the purposes described in paragraph 6. Depending on the circumstances and the nature of your engagement with us, we may disclose your Personal Information to our related entities, to third parties that provide products and services to us or through us, or to other third parties where requested or indicated by you (such as your referee(s) in connection with a job application you have submitted). We may also disclose your information in the good faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable legal process, respond to any claims against us or to protect the rights, property or personal safety of rhipe, our customers or the public.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to:
- any of rhipe's internal divisions, business units or departments
- your nominated representatives
- other organisations or individuals who assist us in providing products and services to you
- professional service providers and advisors who perform functions on our behalf, such as lawyers, accounting firms, auditors and management consultants
- medical providers including medical and rehabilitation practitioners for assessing insurance claims
- representatives, agents or contractors who are appointed by us in the ordinary operation of our business to assist us in providing goods or services or administering our business (such as for data storage or processing, printing, mailing, marketing, planning and product or service development)
- credit reporting bodies and mercantile reporting agencies
- debt collecting agencies
- other entities who are your credit providers or trade suppliers
- banks, valuers, insurers, brokers, auditors, business consultants and IT service providers, and
- Government, regulatory authorities and other organisations as required or authorised by applicable data protection laws.
7.3 We may also disclose your Personal Information to our Website host or software application providers in certain limited circumstances, for example when our Website experiences a technical problem or to ensure that it operates in an effective and secure manner.
8. INTERNATIONAL DISCLOSURES
Some of your Personal Information may be disclosed, transferred, stored, processed or used outside of Australia or your country of residence by us, or by third party service providers. This may happen if:
- our offices or related entities are in located in those countries
- we outsource certain activities to those countries
- you request a product or service offered through the Website which is provided by a company which is located in such a country
- transactions, information, services or products have an international connection, or
- our computer systems including IT servers are located in those countries.
9. OTHER USES AND DISCLOSURES
10.1 You consent to us using your Personal Information to send you information, including promotional material, about us or our products and services, as well as the products and services of our related entities and third parties, now and in the future (subject to your prior consent, if required by applicable data protection law). We may also send you, from time to time, such information by means of direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS messages (again subject to your prior consent, if required by applicable data protection law).
If you do not want to receive marketing information from us or if you want to stop receiving telemarketing, you can unsubscribe in any of the following ways:
- clicking on the 'Unsubscribe' or subscription preferences link in a direct marketing email that you have received from us
- editing your communication preferences via our Website, or
- contacting us using the contact details specified in paragraph 15.
11. STORAGE AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION HELD BY US
11.1 We aim to keep your Personal Information secure. Any Personal Information that is collected via our Website or which is held on our computer systems is protected by safeguards including physical, technical (firewalls, SSL encryption etc) and procedural methods.
11.2 If we find that we no longer require or have no further need for your Personal Information we may de-identify it or remove it from our systems and destroy all record of it.
12. YOU CAN ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
12.1 You are generally entitled to access Personal Information that we hold about you. If you request access to your Personal Information, in ordinary circumstances we will give you full access to your Personal Information. Depending on the nature of the request, rhipe may charge for providing access to this information, however such charge will not be excessive. However, there may be some legal or administrative reasons to deny access. If we refuse your request to access your Personal Information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal where we are required by applicable law to give those reasons.
12.2 If you are a registered user, you can access and correct some of your Personal Information through the rhipe Portal on the Website by logging into your account and updating or editing your profile at any time. In all other cases, a request for access can be made by contacting our Privacy Officer in any of the ways specified in paragraph 15.
12.3 We take all reasonable steps to ensure that any Personal Information we collect and use is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us in this, you need to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested, and properly update the information provided to us to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
12.4 Please contact us in any of the ways specified in paragraph 15 if you believe that the Personal Information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
12.5 It would assist us to ensure we properly understand your request, and allow us to respond more promptly, if requests are made in writing and include as much detail as possible.
13.2 It would assist us to respond to your complaint promptly if it is made in writing. Please detail information relevant to your complaint.
13.3 We will notify you of the outcome of our investigation.
- wish to make a complaint in relation to a breach of your privacy
- would like to access your Personal Information held by us
- would like to update or correct your Personal Information held by us, or
- would like to opt out of direct marketing,
please contact our Privacy Officer in any of the following ways:
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Mailing Address: Suite 1A Level 2, 802-808 Pacific Highway, Gordon, Sydney NSW 2072 Australia.